WE SPECIALIZE IN EECP
Currently, over eight million people suffer from angina, and thousands more from the symptoms of heart failure. Dr. Shahid Heart & General Hospital offers a therapy which has been proven to reduce or even eliminate angina pain while stabilizing the symptoms of heart failure.
WHAT IS EECP?
A New Treatment for Angina & Heart Failure. Is chest pain, fatigue or shortness of breath robbing you of strength and stamina? Is it difficult to climb stairs, take a walk, or enjoy daily activities?There is a way to reduce or eliminate those symptoms, without surgery, without interventional procedures! It’s called EECP.aEECP (Enhanced External Counterpulsation) treatment increases the blood flow to the heart and opens new blood vessels, which is popularly known as “Natural Bypass”. This technology is an alternate to Bypass Surgery & Angioplasty (stents) and is supervised by a Cardiologist. Over 120 clinical trials have been published in peer reviewed journals show that about 90% of angina / chest pain patients benefit and can prevent surgery.
EECP Treatment was developed at Harvard University and got US FDA approval in 1987. In 2015, the treatment got further revolutionized on getting US FDA approval for heart patients and for wellness as well.
“THE OPTION FOR PATIENTS WITH NO OPTION”
IDEAL FOR PEOPLE WHO.
- Have Heart Blockage or Chest Pain (chronic stable angina)
- Have Undergone Angioplasty / Bypass Surgery in the past
- Want to avoid complications / be Heart Healthy for Life
- Have Lifestyle Diseases (BP, Cholesterol, Diabetes)
- Are No Option Patients, Low EF, High Risk Patients
- Have PVD, Ischemic Stroke, Heart Failure
WHAT HAVE STUDIES SHOWN ABOUT EECP TREATMENT?
Clinical studies have shown that EECP is an effective treatment for angina. Studies have confirmed the following benefits
- Relief of angina unresponsive to medical therapy
- Relief of angina for which PTCA and CABG are no longer options
- Improved blood flow to oxygen-deprived (ischemic) areas of heart muscle as evidenced in the resolution or improvement of perfusion defects on thallium scan.
- Improved exercise capacity and an enhanced quality of life
- Increase in energy reduces the high blood pressure
- Increase cardiac output
- Reduces the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
DO PATIENTS IMPROVE AFTER EECP THERAPY?
Yes, because EECP Therapy creates collaterals in the heart. These collaterals can help to supply blood flow to ischemic region caused by stenosis of the arteries.
Collateral circulation provides alternate routes of blood flow to the heart in case when the heart isn’t getting the blood supply it needs.
WHAT ARE THE RISKS?
There are no known adverse effects as a result of receiving EECP.
Many people have continued their employment while receiving treatment by scheduling their sessions before or after work.